Randi from Swoon is sharing some easy and fun springtime masks for the little bunnies in your life.
The transition from winter to spring is a gorgeous one. The world around us is filled with beauty and the promise of new life. Children start searching for mama ducks (hoping to see her family of chicks in tow), listening to the birds sing, and finding all sorts of excuses to pick the freshly grown flowers from the yard and bring them inside. The signs of spring tend to show up in children’s crafts too.
When my girls were little, we made the sweetest paper bunny masks and they were a hit! So the next time we made them, we added a baby chick friend into the mix. These masks are simple to make, fun to decorate, and even more fun to play with!
- bunny mask template, baby chick template
- hole punch
- markers, paint, stickers, sequins (anything you can dream of to decorate your mask!)
- ribbon or twine
1. Print mask templates and fold in half.
2. Cut along the dotted lines. Small children will need help cutting out the eyes.
3. Unfold mask and lay flat. Gently fold the nose of the mask over so it lays over the front of the mask.
4. Decorate! You can trace the template onto watercolor paper and paint them with watercolors too. The possibilities are endless.
5. Punch a hole on each side and tie a short piece of twine to each side. Tie around child’s head and have fun!